i am stealing this lovely post from the samantha show. i love these interview posts because i love getting to know people and i love interviewing myself. is that narcissistic? probably.
1. What are your nicknames? lu, la la (that's what my dad calls me, or sings to me. "lalalala." i love it.) taran calls me sweetheart. i like the nickname babe and ask him to call me that but it hasn't really stuck.
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read? i'm reading truly madly guilty because liane moriarty is one of my favorite authors but it is going terribly slowly. big litle lies is one of my favorite books and i know it is coming out as a mini series on hbo and i am sure they are going to ruin it. i also have beautiful ruins lying around and this is my third attempt reading it which doesn't make sense why i haven't finished it because it isn't slow and it is a really good book but i have a short attention span when it comes to reading, due to all the tv you see, so this time i will finish it!!
3. How often do you doodle? me? draw? ha! even if it is doodling, no, i never do that. i did in middle school in class when i was bored and when i wanted to write my crush's name a million times across my notebook and try out his last name but that is the extent of my doodling.
4. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive? i usually read blogs. or i go to the living room and write. writing late at night is when i have my best ideas or when i feel the most creative.
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it? i really don't mind and sometimes prefer to be by myself so i bet i could last a week, at most.
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away? each february taran and i write each other a 14 romantic letters leading up until valentine's day. i have saved all of them. also, when my best friend was serving an lds mission for our church the only thing missionaries are allowed to do is write and email, so i have all of those saved. so i guess all the important ones are saved.
7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know? you know, i don't know! i don't think i know anyone who keeps everything.
8. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost? i get very shy at parties, so i usually sneak in as silently and as stealthily as i can. and yes, i immediately cling onto someone i know. if i know that i the party will be filled with people i don't know, i don't go.
9. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be? sound. i can really hear things and it is a bit of a nuisance. and i feel really bad for saying that because i know people would kill to hear. i can barely talk about this because it makes me so frustrated, but since we moved to our apartment in LA, there has been a beeping noise coming from the apartment complex next door. every 30 seconds, like a smoke alarm that hasn't been changed. its being going on for two. whole. months. i always ALWAYS have the sound machine on my phone on. we are shelling out an insane amount of money to get window inserts that reduces noise so i can finally FINALLY get some peace. it is driving me absolutely insane. EVERY 30 SECONDS!!! BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!! i have called the apartment next door, my landlord, the fire department, the police. nothing has worked. and people hear it, but it is really difficult to figure out where sound is coming from and it seems like i am the only one who hears it each time it beeps. people hear it, but it is only this big of a problem it seems to me.
10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror? i actually avoid mirrors as much as i can. i don't think i am particularly pretty so i try to go through my day by only looking in the mirror when i get ready in the morning and when i take off my makeup when i get home from work. when i go to the bathroom, i avoid looking at the mirror with great purpose.
11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child? no one told me this to make me believe it, but growing up i hated our basement. i always felt like someone was down there waiting to kill me or hurt me or scare me. i would always book it up the stairs once i got what i needed from the basement. it just always felt creepy.
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up? watching keeping up with the kardashians. they are crazy and have very few morals and do insane things but man, i love them.
13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know? me. each morning i pray to be a vessel for Him and to be an angel to others and to keep an eye out for those who are in need. i want to make people feel good about themselves and help people in any way i can. i want to be an instrument in His hands. i want to be an answer to other's prayers.
14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections? i read the skimm but haven't beein reading it so much lately. the state of the world and especially our country makes me terribly sad and angry that it really brings me down. in order to have a good day, i need to not read that information.
15. Which animals scare you most? Why? i have very servere phobia a certain animal. so much so that i am not going to say which animal because i am terrified that someone is going to read this and tease me with this and scare me with it like they did when i was a kid.
16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on? i rarely avoid conflict. i scares me sometimes, but most of the time i charge full speed ahead into it. i don't like tip toe-ing around things and i am the kind of person who needs to talk things out. i always think it is better to talk it out even if it is nasty because after its over the dust settles and you know where each of you stand and you then know how to fix the situation.
17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savored? my mom told me that she was proud of my marriage and thought that taran and i were doing well.
18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will? i compare myself to others and i hope that will change but i think it is human nature to do so. it can be a good thing because it can push us to be better but it can also be a negative vortex that can just pull us down and no good can come from it.
19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain. i'm not sure. i do not like trying new things. i really really don't. but i love a challenge and actually need to be challenged and pushed. and i don't think that spells out habit.
20. Are you high maintenance? Explain. in some ways, yes. sleep ways, very much so. it takes a lot for me to go to sleep. but other wise, i think i am pretty low maintenance. it really doesn't take long for me to get ready but with other aspects of life i think i am high maintenance depending on how you look at it. like how i get really hot in our apartment so i like to have the air conditioner on nearly all the time and i like to buy lunch most days.
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits? probably last time i really, really worked out. i haven't worked out in over a month and i couldn't be happier about that.
22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? i have one best, best friend, and lots of close friends.
23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others? build my own empire for sure. i want to help people along the way, of course, but i am very determined to reach my goals. especially now that i am here in LA to do what i have always wanted to do: be a tv writer. when i say thats my career goal people don't understand what i mean by that. who do you think writes the episodes when you watch tv? thats what i want to do.
24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone? i've never had a paranormal occurrence or anything. i really can't think of any strange thing that's happened to me.
25. What do you think about more than anything else? my career. my career and how to get there. and i stress out that it will never happen and that i won't ever accomplish my dreams. and money. that we are remaining financially stable and that we aren't living outside our means, that we are paying off debt as aggressively as we can. and that taran is happy. and God. those are the things i think about the most.
26. What’s something that amazes you? that i FINALLY live in LA again! i thought it would never happen. i missed my home so much! it was like missing a limb. this city is such a huge part of who i am. when i drive home from work i pass universal city and all these other landmarks and have to pinch myself and i think "waaaht?? i LIVE here?!?! it actually happened?!?! am i dreaming?!!?" still not convinced i'm not being punked.
27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why? i prefer someone who tells me like it is the most delicate and kindest way possible.
28. Where’s your favourite place to take an out-of-town guest? the WB studio lot tour. its so fun and i love seeing my friend's minds blown!
29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why? go grocery shopping. i hate grocery shopping. with everything i've got. i know that's dramatic but its how it is. i think i hate it so much because i can never find anything! isn't there a thing where you can order all your groceries online at walmart and then just pick them up? that would be a much more ideal situation.
30. Do you have a catchphrase? when i was younger and people would say goodbye after we were hanging out and they would say "drive safely!" i would respond "drive dangerously!" but i haven't said that in a while.
31. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking with them? everyone, EVERYONE should be able to be outspoken about their beliefs. but if it something i strongly disagree with and it makes me really angry, i choose to walk away because i engage in a negative conversation. because that doesn't do anybody any good.
32. How and where do you prefer to study? in silence. with maybe a little white noise like a soft stream or light rain noise. and i like using flashcards. but they have to be colored!
33. What position do you sleep in? my back. i can't sleep in any other position.
34. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why? los angeles!! where i live! because it is the entertainment capital of the world! and i love diversity. there are people from all backgrounds and walks of life! there is so much to do, so much going on, we have a different adventure each weekend. i love it! i love everything about this city!
35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new? a close relationship with God is #1. compassion and a sense of humor.
36. How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you? i'm the youngest so i've always had 4 mothers because i have 3 older sisters.
37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be? hmmmmmm..... i wish i was a harder worker. that's a weakness i need to work on. ha! that's ironic!
38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be? my best friend from childhood. We reconnected in college and i really miss her.
40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not? yes. in a lot of instances, yes. I don't want to know every single terrible thing that happened in the world. And some things just aren't my business.
41. What do you consider unforgivable?
nothing. you can forgive anything in this world with the help of the Lord. He died on the cross (Easter is coming! did catch my Easter post?)
42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not? yes. because of God's infinite love and antontement.
43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to to apologize?
extemely hard. i really, really have to pray for that person and ask God to help me forgive. and it takes a really long time to forgive.
44.Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for? i would die for my belief in the gospel of Jesus Christ. when Mormons were being persecuted in the 1800s, hundreds of us were killed and persecuted by angry people who hated what we stood for and what we believed in. we fled the east coast and trekked thousands of miles to make our way to freedom and founded utah so we could live and practice our religion in peace. thousands died during from the terrible conditions of walking for months across the plains of america, especially during winter months. families lost their loved ones and had to bury them along their journey. it was a horrible time. but i would have done it so i be a valiant servant of the Lord and because it was what He asked of us at that time.
45. To what extent do you trust people? Explain. my dad taught me to be very discerning with people. so i takes a lot for me to trust others.
46. In what area of your life are you immature? whenever i am around my sisters i turn into a child.
47. What was the best news you ever received? that my parents gave their blessing for my husband and i to get married.
48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular? if i have made a big mistake it is really hard because i don't want to seek stupid. but i always own up to my mistakes because that is how i was raised.
49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? when someone is authentic, funny and down to earth. just everything that juliette is.
50. When do you find yourself singing? i was a professional singer for a while. so it's hard for me to sing causally because i am so judge mental. wow, that sounds like a backdoor brag. but i didn't mean it that way i swear! i usually sing when my husband requests it because he loves it when i do. or when i'm really down and singing is the only remedy to pick myself up.